Friday, October 8, 2010

Comfort

I was listening to recordings of "Memory Eternal" and "Give Rest With Thy Saints" but this is where I found comfort this evening:


Through the prayers of so many people, Mary Evelyn is now healed and healed perfectly. Her life's end was very peaceful, surrounded by her family and prayer. She received Holy Communion before she died. Surely, this is what the petition means: "A Christian ending to our life, painless, blameless, peaceful, and a good defence before the dread judgement seat of Christ, let us ask; Grant this, O Lord.",

6 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing this Matushka Anna. I love the melody...I'll have to look up what the words mean.

    May Mary Evelyn's memory be eternal. I have an 8 year old daughter...I just can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Memory eternal and the comfort of God be with those who mourn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the song sounds like the one by St. Nectarios to the Theotokos, Unwedded Bride?

    May God uphold and comfort. Memory eternal...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth, that's exactly it. Somewhere back in the archives (I think you can see it in the "popular posts" section) I linked O Pure Virgin in several languages. I know it sounds odd, but again, this is where I found my comfort last night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and Jodie Anna, in that same post I listed the words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agni Parthene is one of my favorite hymns. I actually use my cell phone as an alarm clock, and wake up to it every morning. As I abuse the snooze button, I get to hear it several times :) (If you haven't heard it, Eikona's version is amazing.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!