Friday, October 8, 2010

Memory Eternal, Mary Evelyn!

Mary Evelyn died this evening. I think this is best and most beautifully put in the words of her mother:
This afternoon, October 8, at 5:15, Mary Evelyn’s sweet spirit went to be with our Lord. Mark, Thomas and I were with her and we each spoke to her. I kissed her sweet face near her right ear and told her that her guardian angel was coming to take her to heaven and that she would see my momma. I told her to tell my momma that Thomas and I miss and love her. I told her that all the saints who have been praying for her would be happy to see her and that they would all love her.
She died within a minute with her family surrounding her with love and prayers. She is free now. All day, we have surrounded her with prayer and psalms. After her death, our family prayed the Trisagion prayers over her as well as other beautiful prayers for her as she went to heaven.
We are grateful for God’s gracious mercy that He gave her to us and we were able to be blessed by her sweetness for eight precious years. She left this earth with a pure, beautiful soul that can never be sullied. She will be a joy in heaven and we will wait until in God’s grace we can rejoin her.Somehow, we will find grace to live our lives until then.
May her memory be eternal!

14 comments:

  1. May her memory be eternal! How heartbreaking. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mary. This was so hard to read. The amazing grace that is sustaining her family right now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. May her memory be eternal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Memory Eternal! How very hard. Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May her memory be eternal! She and her family are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. May her memory be eternal! It is breaking my heart. My God sustain her family with His immense grace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. May her memory be eternal. We'll be praying for her and her family.
    Athena

    ReplyDelete
  8. So tears continue to fall here - and yet no more tears for her. May her memory be eternal... my prayers are with her and her family...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Memory Eternal. This breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great blessing that her family was able to prepare themselves and Mary Evelyn for this parting with such strong faith and courage. When I think of how your sister's friend's daughter was torn from her life in such a sudden, violent and senseless way, it seems to me that despite all the suffering they endured and all the sorrow, Mary Evelyn's family was truly blessed by her illness. May God grant her rest where there is neither pain nor sorrow nor sighing, and console those she left behind.

    ReplyDelete
  11. May her memory be eternal. No family should have to go through such pain, but I thank God that they clearly have such strong faith to hold them tightly to God. He will surely provide for them. They're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all so much for your prayers for those grieving right now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful words for such a sad time. What an amazing little girl. And family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!