Friday, May 20, 2011

Quilting myself into a corner

I'm seeing cross-eyed, I'm in pain and my shoulders are permanently hunched over. I have thread bits all over me (and the floor). And I'm NOT DONE.

Remember that quilt-in-the-making that I was so excited about? Ha ha ha.

I got a little overenthusiastic cutting out squares the last two days and cut a LOT. Like 712 a lot. I sewed them all into pairs. Then I sewed two pairs together to make a strip of four. I did that for all of them. That's 178 strips. Then I stopped and pressed each seam. That's 534 seams. And didn't I mention before that I hate ironing?

Then I started sewing four strips into a square of 16 squares. I've done 23 squares and I'm done in. I have 84 strips left to make into 21 squares (with two strips left over). I'm done. Finished. Wiped out.

I'm going to bed.

Pictures tomorrow. Maybe.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you have some girls around there who need to practice their ironing? Even a travel iron or a doll iron would work on those! (Don't tell them I suggested it please!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!