1. I've started reading The Magician's Nephew to the boys. They climbed on the couch on either side of me this evening while I read the first chapter. I was delighted that Pickles was able to pay attention that long with only two pictures. I left off where Polly disappears suddenly and the boys were terribly shocked that I didn't keep reading. Haha, mean mommy. (c; We'll read the second chapter tomorrow. [The girls weren't officially listening, but I noticed they found things to do within earshot. Father called out, "Uncle Andrew is my hero," when I stopped reading.]
2. I started a baby blanket (going home from the hospital) for a cousin's upcoming baby. It is a new pattern for me, looks very pretty but is very easy. I'll post it when it gets a bit farther.
3. It has rained over 3.5 inches in 2 days. And that is on top of inches of rain we've received in the past week or two. The ground is absolutely saturated. I am seriously sick of rain. We looked it up and we got just under 72 inches of rain in 2012. Just for comparison Seattle got 44.54 inches of rain in 2012. Hello?
4. I inherited a set of oil paints from my grandmother, hardly even used. I got a couple small canvases (cheap ones from Walmart) to practice on, but I need to go to the library and get some books on oil painting first. I've never used oils. Watercolor, acrylic, yes; all kinds of drawing material, charcoal, pastels, pen-and-ink, pencil, yes....oil, no. It's a different world.
5. I am having serious doubts about trying to publish the four cakes story. Ugh. It's just a short story. C.P. doesn't publish short stories. Back to the drawing board...
6. I ordered the girls some skirts from Hannah Lise. They came today and fit perfectly. The girls love them. I need to get some more myself.