Thursday, March 28, 2013

Rainbows

For this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him:
Therefore also I have lent him to the Lord; as long as he liveth he shall be lent to the Lord.
[1 Sam 1:27-28]

Two years ago today I was lying on a table, not hearing Innocent's heartbeat. Three long days later they told us he had died.  I was but lent him for a little while, and had to give him back. I rebelled, not surprisingly.

Several months after that I was lent another little baby...for a little while. I had to relinquish him as well after a few months. Christmas felt bleak.

Time went by. Lots of time. The wounds from the loss of the boys scarred over but still ached. We prayed.

Now, we have been lent another baby. We don't know how long he or she will be ours to keep and love on this earth. We pray that whatever happens God will not abandon us. Please keep us in your prayers as we try to walk this road...again...with calm spirits.



(EDD 11/24/13 for the curious)

20 comments:

  1. Walking with you, my friend. Praise to God and holding this bird of joy with open hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you!! You continue to be in our prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, walking with you and praying for you and this little one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! You are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Matushka! Prayers now and ongoing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs and prayers! .<3

    ReplyDelete
  7. prayers for all of you, and wishing you joy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many prayers for you and your newest dear one! May the peace of the Lord fill you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'm so happy and excited for you! I'll be praying for you and your little one. I've been reading your blogs since I lost a baby last August. Lost Innocents meant a lot to me. I lost another little one last month. This gives me hope.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, everyone, for the prayers and good wishes.

    Saponaria, I am so sorry to hear that! Memory Eternal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying that you are able to stay very much in the Now and savor God's grace as you love this baby.

    Prayers and love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rejoicing for you! You've been in our prayers and we'll continue praying (especially to St. Anna, St. Stylianos, and the Theotokos). Personally, I'm hoping for a little Catherine for you born a day after your EDD on the feast of the Great Martyr

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing, awesome news! I am beyond thrilled you and Father have been blessed again. You and the baby have my prayers for the next 8 months.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sitting here with an ear to ear grin, what wonderful news! Prayers during your pregnancy indeed, love, and joy, joy, joy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What wonderful news! Prayers for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Praying for a healthy baby for you! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been away from the internet for a while (traveling, more traveling, family events, even more traveling) so I have just seen this. You, your family, and your newest child will be in my prayers. :)

    -- Valja from Norway

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!