Monday, April 22, 2013

Funny Story

This afternoon I got out of the car and saw our cute little tuxedo cat, Smokey, lounging under a bush. I walked up to pet him and before I got there he turned around and pounced on something. I bent over to see what it was and he hopped up and ran a few feet away with a big (and I mean big) green lizard hanging out of his mouth. I picked him up and he dropped the lizard. I know nature takes its course and all that but this is a very well-fed kitty who does not need to eat defenseless big lizards. Anyway, he squirmed around and I finally put him down but he was nosing around the grass for the lizard (which was lying there in the grass six inches from his feet and he still couldn't find it - hilarious). He finally bumped the lizard's head and the lizard (foolishly, I was still standing there) made an over-three-foot vertical leap and landed on my shirt. I jumped and shrieked and tried to brush it off. It ran around my side to my back. I was so afraid it was going to run up into my hair! I started jumping up and down, holding my shirt away from my back and squealing. Father opened the back door and stood there staring at me in amazement (I’m not the squealing sort AT ALL.) I shrieked out, “IS THERE A LIZARD ON MY BACK?!?!” and he said yes. I yelled, “GET IT OFF!!!!!!” He brushed at it and it fell on the ground. I finally calmed down. Anyway, my funny story for the day. (c;

9 comments:

  1. I can only imagine the scene! LOL Thank you for sharing, I would of done the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...? Did the cat get it after all? Or maybe you scared the cat away with your shrieks. That IS a funny story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, the cat was LONG gone! Father picked up the lizard and I think he put it back in a bush.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would have reacted the exact same way. ick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woulda made me squeal BIG TIME !

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Lizards are a Big Deal around here. Mollie the Mighty Huntress chases them relentlessly. She can go from seemingly dead asleep in the den to full "Let Me OUT" mode in seconds if one gets on our deck. I swear she can hear them breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How funny!!

    My daughter reminded me the other day of the time I freaked out when there was a mouse in our car. We were going through a drivethru when the mouse slowly crawled across the floor under the passenger seat. I jumped out of the car, and two guys delivering food to vehicles came to help me. We never did find that mouse. But Grace and I held up our feed for the entire drive. Obviously, not the one I needed for driving :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's too funny, Matushka! You made my day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!