Thursday, April 18, 2013

Rebirth

Last year I planted some Gerbera daisies in the pots in front of our house. Around them I planted some dark pink flowers (whose name has completely escaped me now). They had both been advertised as annuals but I just couldn't bring myself to pull them when the foliage disappeared in December (yep, took a while). I cut back the dead growth but left them there. This spring I noticed some green in the pots and was delighted to see that my hope had paid off. (:





Isn't this lovely?


Despite a severe pruning, the mock orange blossoms are back too. (: Pity they have no scent.

 
Storms tonight! I didn't bother to water anything this afternoon.



3 comments:

  1. Yes, *everything* is lovely!! I always think it's worth a try to see if things will get through the winter. It's wonderful when they do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! Flowers are such a blessing, a real encouragement...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!