Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Yarn Along...for a little girl. (:

I was so excited yesterday to finally start working on some things for my own baby. I haven't made anything in a good long while and it's great to be using pink again after an 11 year hiatus.

The first is a simple knit hat out of some SUPERB bamboo yarn. It's so silky soft and the color is delightful. So delicate. I'm making a preemie size because that's the thing we'll most likely need first. I wish I had a ton of this yarn. I found one skein left on sale when I was in Michael's with Father near Mother's Day. He had taken me out to lunch and the restaurant was right next to Michael's. Considering we don't have a craft/yarn store here locally (or anywhere even close) it was a big treat to wander around the yarn section.


This is a lovely cotton blend that is so soft and simple. I love this color pink too (I'm not fond of bubble gum pink). I'm knitting it in a simple seed stitch pattern so it will lie flat.



And you aren't going to believe how I've been getting to sleep the last few nights: with the 1958 World Almanac! I've had some problems with insomnia and this has proved to be the best cure yet. Plus I've learned quite a number of arcane facts.


Visit Yarn Along for more projects!


6 comments:

  1. Pretty colour for a little knitting. Love the close up, your stitches look very neat.
    Enjoy knitting pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!!! I just got some of the baby's first yarn for a cousin's baby, so fun!

    so happy for you and we keep praying!!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything about that yarn looks lovely! The seed stitch is about my favorite but I haven't learned how to do it yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seed stitch is easy! You just knit one, purl one, etc. all the way across the row. The next row you put a knit on top of every purl and a purl on top of every knit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Matushka -- I do remember being told that elsewhere, too....But my first introduction to the seed stitch made it very difficult, and that's mostly what I was remembering. I would do well to try it out ASAP now while the better advice is fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're so happy for you. You all are in our prayers.

    Love,

    Mat. Juliana Gagliano

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!