Monday, July 1, 2013

Baby Doings

I went out on a huge limb this morning and got down three totes full of baby things from the attic. I also got a large bag of diapers down. After going through the boxes I put two back in the attic and kept one out of things we would be likely to use right away.

I had saved some cute sleepers (especially the three preemie-sized ones that were Flopsy's)...


And the pretty dresses, of course. (:


I have ten small Kushies all-in-one diapers that are in great shape.


 Unfortunately, the 18 mediums had leg elastic that was shot. I found a nice tutorial online to fix it but wound up having to do my own thing anyway because the elastic was sewn right into the side seams. I only repaired one, just to see if it would work. The one on the left was repaired, the one on the right is still waiting:


And in other news, I finished the little hat yesterday, preemie-sized. It's so soft.


The seed stitch blanket has had a little progress made on it:


I started another blanket (this one is crocheted) in a neat flower pattern:

(link to pattern (which I didn't entirely follow...))

I also finished the top to Ribby's butterfly quilt the other day:

 
Anyway, that's pretty much what I've been doing.

4 comments:

  1. you are making some very beautiful things. lots of love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your smocking collection!!!!All girls should wear smocking!!! :) Your sweet girl will be swaddled in LOVE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. vicki, my favorite is a long-sleeved smocked dress made of teeny wale corduroy. The baby should be the right size to wear it this winter. (:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!