Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Yarn Along: First Socks!

I finished the second sock last night late. I couldn't go to bed until I had grafted the toe. Can you say, obsessed? (c;

Ravelry page

I figured out how to do the heel so it's done properly on the second sock. I was so excited to realize that I understood the pattern directions this time! I tried to get the stripes to match up, but oh well...it's pretty close and not bad for my first attempt. I'm going to try another pair today using a different pattern and different yarn.

I finished the last one last night but I've been rereading some of Chaim Potok's novels the past few days: The Chosen, The Promise, My Name is Asher Lev and The Gift of Asher Lev. I'm starting to give some thought to what books I want to take to the hospital, a daunting task. I need to go ahead and pick them out and set them aside now so I don't read them before I go. Nothing worse than sitting in the hospital with nothing to read and only soap operas (and the baby channel..."how to give your baby a bath") on TV.

3 comments:

  1. very cute socks! praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute socks! There is something very satisfying in grafting the toe at the end, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely socks. Best wishes with your new baby!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!