Monday, November 4, 2013

Four Days Old

Some photos from Saturday night (2 days old) in her nightgown Mommy made her. (Too big, but she doesn't seem to mind)



Random shots from last night (3 days old).




And this morning (four days old), en route to the pediatrician's office for her first appointment. 



I found out her discharge weight was 6 pounds (she was 6 pounds, 7 ounces at birth) and her weight today was 6 pounds. So she hasn't gained, but she hasn't lost. The doctor was perfectly satisfied. This makes her officially our smallest baby, but not by much! Not bad for 37 weeks!

Her brothers and sisters are adoring her. A Pickles funny: (said to a visitor who asked him if he liked his new baby sister) "Yes! Mommy just laid her!" We are all loving our sweet girl!

11 comments:

  1. These photos are so precious! Your sweet girl is making me swoon and tear up... She is perfection, and I bet those brothers and sisters are just delighted. There's nothing like the joy of a whole family welcoming a new perfect little bundle of joy! Love to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mommy just laid her! Priceless! She is such a dolly. I miss that newborn squishy look. *dreamy sigh* So glad you are all doing well. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. she's super cute! in the first pictures esp. she looks really tired and ready for a good nap! it takes a lot of energy to be born and adjust to life outside the womb! she's a really beautiful one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! What a doll she is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a precious little peanut...

    Big grins on this end, imagining your blissful state, Mama.

    Life is such an amazing gift, and then it comes wrapped up in such a sweet package. Sigh.

    Thank you for the pictures -- keep them coming! (My toddler enjoys looking at the baby almost as much as I do).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Warm warm congratulations! I've been away from the computer for a few days so I missed the first picture. I'm so happy for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, she's so adorable! I could just sit and stare at these photos all day!
    Congratulations on the "newly laid" little one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one cute baby! Congratulations many times over for your sweet daughter's arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My whole family just rolled when I told them what Pickles said! She is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!