Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Yarn Along: Cardigan for Moppet

I realized the other day that all but one of Miss Moppet's sweaters are too big for her still. Considering I had grounded myself from anything strenuous (like walking through the house more than three times a day) I decided the best solution was to knit one. I started this little cardigan on Monday and finished it this morning. I did use a pattern as a jumping-off point, but struck out on my own fairly quickly. You can read all the notes from this project here.








Saturday I had started another project, but considering it's a gift, I can't show more than this little teaser:


I also have tried to get back to working on some little hats for Calvin's Hats. I've done twenty so far. (None of these are embellished yet.)



And now to books. I always forget to take photos of the books I'm reading! Well, there are plenty of other photos up on this post today so you all can deal with it. :) Going along with being in bed a lot has been a lot of reading (read, knit, repeat). This is what I've read in the last few days:

Failure is not an Option: Mission Control From Mercury to Apollo 13 and Beyond by Gene Kranz

Moon Shot: The Inside Story of America's Apollo Moon Landings by Alan Shepard and Deke Slayton

Chariots for Apollo: The NASA History of Manned Lunar Spacecraft to 1969 by Courtney Brooks, James Grimwood and Loyd Swenson, Jr.

Genesis: The Story of Apollo 8 by Robert Zimmerman

Notice a theme? LOL


7 comments:

  1. I can't believe how quickly you did that! She is just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sighs* One day.. one day I will be able to knit something other than scarves..

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweater is adorable. The baby even more so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the sweater. Wish I could have done it for you. I am reading Patmos: A Place of Healing for the SOul

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is a VERY CUTE sweater!!! lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a precious little bundle, and the sweater is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just came across your blog - much much love from Greece! Best wishes for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!