Monday, February 3, 2014

Breathtaking Dress

A friend, Mat. Brigid Davis, told me that she had "a little something" for Miss Moppet she wanted to mail, as well as a few things for my other children. I don't know what I had in mind, but it certainly wasn't this:


Is this not absolutely exquisite?!?!  I think she will look gorgeous in this dress for Pascha. :)


And look: a "C" hand embroidered on the bodice:


Beautiful lace edging...


And a matching slip!


I love pin tucks!


Everything was wrapped beautifully and labeled in the most lovely way:


Each child received a "firefly". You switch the light on and then launch them into the air whereupon they float gently down. We'll play with them tonight. :)


And, courtesy of Fr. Dcn. Paul, my littlest boys were remembered too:


I can't begin to thank you enough, Matushka and Father!

6 comments:

  1. What an amazing and beautiful gift. I especially love the angel babies. Do you know if he makes those for sale?
    You are obviously treasured. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, how very very beautiful. what treasures...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The details on the dress are exquisite! What a wonderfully heartfelt gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is amazing, what a blessing indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tanya, I don't know if he does, but I can ask. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tanya, I asked and he does make them in exchange for a donation to the church. If you email me I can give you his email address. (rmcanna (at) gmail (dot) com)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!