Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Retired Saints?

I don't know about you, but sometimes I feel guilty about "bothering" the saints with prayer requests. Like, they have much better things to do, right? Reading this, I feel lots better. :)


St. Nektarios once appeared to a most-pious cleric and complained: "It's as if we Saints are in retirement...The people don't pray to us, don't entreat us, don't ask us for anything, don't give us any handiwork to do. They don't give us the opportunity to pray to God for them..."

3 comments:

  1. St. Nektarios has a special place in my heart . . . he's on the iconostasis of the church where I grew up and got married, and I walked down the aisle to "O Pure Virgin." Thank you for posting this, I needed to read this today!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One quick Google search later... Beautiful song!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!