Saturday, May 31, 2014

Remember these sad rocking chairs?


I was tickled pink to get them, peeling paint and all. They're very solid and comfortable.


But, of course, I knew they needed work. I only put it off for almost two years...


Here they are!


I finished scraping and repainting early this week. I found some material in the attic and already had some plastic sheeting to cover the seats with. I bought some foam seat cushions and some upholstery tacks at the store. Yesterday evening I finished the last one.


They look SO MUCH better.


And, lest you be thinking I'm superwoman or something, let me show you a close up of the edge. Some of this is lack of skill, but these are also the WORST upholstery tacks I have EVER used. At least a 30% failure rate.


In any event, even if the details don't look great, the whole impression is nice and they're very comfortable and pretty now. :)

3 comments:

  1. perfect for sipping sweet tea while the kids catch fireflies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica, we don't have them here! I was heartbroken when I found out. :(

      Delete
  2. super cute!!! love it! so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!