Monday, June 9, 2014

Gabriel

I wish I had better news.

We were holding off on announcing the fact that we were expecting a surprise baby. So this is rather anticlimactic. I'm still "with child" but the baby has gone to God. He (we don't know the sex) died at 10 weeks, 6 days, probably last Friday.

I heard his heartbeat last Sunday, and then again on Wednesday. When I checked Friday night, it wasn't there. It wasn't there on Saturday. I knew. But I had to wait for Monday.

I had an ultrasound this afternoon and there was no heartbeat. I will wait to go into labor for a few weeks. If nothing has happened by three weeks then I will be induced. But I will not have a D&C.

Since I was due at Christmas, we have named the baby Gabriel.

Please keep all of us in your prayers during this difficult time.





16 comments:

  1. May Gabriel's memory be eternal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memory Eternal, Gabriel! Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. blessings on you all. Memory eternal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for the whole family... May his memory be eternal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Memory eternal to dear Gabriel. Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. From far away - prayers for you all. May the memory of your child Gabriel be eternal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Memory eternal, sweet Gabriel! Love to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Matushka, I am so sorry. May Christ comfort you. Memory eternal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Memory Eternal. Prayers for you all. So so sorry and much love and continue prayers and candles lit...

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry for you...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm very sorry for your loss! May the Holy Archangel Gabriel comfort you all during this time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful family you are...your whole family. I am so sorry. Memory eternal...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know I am so very behind on seeing this, but I am so sorry you are experiencing this heartbreak once again. I am at a loss for words.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!