Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Yarn Along: Baby Coat

 It's been a good while since I did a yarn-along post. I've been just exhausted and it's difficult to get into a knitting/crocheting/sewing project while Miss Moppet is clamoring for attention. She likes to pull the yarn and eat the needles. While I commend her taste, I can't afford to let her frog all of my projects.

Plus, it's been summer for a while (by the thermometer, if not the calendar) and M.M. doesn't need any more cute knitted booties/sweaters/blankets/etc. Luckily, I've been given the best reason for beginning a new project: a nephew on the way!

I decided said nephew (due at the beginning of September in Texas) needed something bigger than newborn size since he's likely to be sporting the onesie-and-diaper look for a few months.  So, yes, nephew is getting a size 3-6 month hooded coat. (Probably with matching booties, but let's finish the coat first.)

(ravelry link)

(The hood above is not yet seamed.) I'm done with the body and am working on the sleeves. I thought I could manage to continue using the size 9 circulars for the sleeves, but it's just too awful. I've shelved it until I can order some size 9 dpns (double-pointed needles). Unfortunately, none of our local stores carry dpns in any size other than 2 or 3. Boo. Hiss. 


Here's a link to the pattern so you can see what it will look like. Currently it looks rather nondescript, but it will be adorable, let me tell you. 

Aaaannnd... here's a stack of books to be reshelved. I don't have anything featured. Reading has been somewhat desperate lately, with me simply trying to find something I haven't completely memorized. I really need to make a trip to the library.


On the other hand, I'm looking forward to receiving my friend Elissa's book, In God's Hands, in the mail soon! It's been out since Christmas but I've just now ordered it, taking advantage of an unbeatable sale. In 2010 I followed the story of her daughter Mariana online as she went through a rare form of liver failure and then a liver transplant, saving her young life. Mariana is thriving today, thank God! Now you can read that story in book form.



4 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! I told my husband that the next time he wants to buy me a present to buy me that book :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that is so very cute!!! well done!!! so sorry you are tired. praying for you. That looks like a great book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that yarn on the sweater looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hunter's favorite color was green for years and years so seeing the green stripes made me a little teary. What a fitting design for his little boy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!