Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Yarn Along: Gifts and Borrowers

This week I've been working on two projects. The one below I've been working on since the middle of June. It has accompanied me to all of my doctor's appointments. It's rather tedious and I admit I have to have something else going on while I work or my eyes can't focus after 15 minutes. It will be pretty though. It's going to be a belated birthday gift for someone.

Honey Cowl in cappuccino

Ravelry Link


This one I cast on yesterday. I had promised a baby sweater to a friend for her baby boy due at the beginning of September. I'll make a hat to match.

Pastel Rainbow cardigan

Ravelry Link



I can't really remember what all I've read this past week. I know I read through the complete Dark is Rising sequence by Susan Cooper (in fact, I read through two complete books while I was miscarrying) and I've read through all of the books about the Borrowers by Mary Norton. I've put myself to sleep reading A Briefer History of Time by Stephen Hawking several nights, and have flipped through some reference works. Anyway, there has been a lot. I just can't remember everything. So here is a photographed illustration from The Borrowers Afloat:



3 comments:

  1. lovely things here... and (hugs)... praying for you ... <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matushka Denise GreshJuly 2, 2014 at 8:15 PM

    Love the pastel sweater. I also love the Dark is Rising series! I remember memorizing the poems when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, elizabeth.

    Mat. Denise, I enjoyed the books as a child, but sadly, none of my children do. (yet)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!