Thursday, July 10, 2014

YARN!!!

Announcement: I just went to my VERY FIRST yarn store!! I have bought yarn at Walmart, thrift stores, online (Smiley's), Michael's and Hobby Lobby (the last two only when we're in a town that has them - we don't at home), but I have never before been in an honest-to-goodness yarn store. It was sensational. Ahhhh... I touched almost every skein in there! I even held a $75 skein of yarn. That felt a bit weird, I tell you. I also walked out with a small bag of yarn and am thrilled. This afternoon I'll start casting on for Miss Moppet's winter coat (just like the green and white one I made recently, but no stripes involved in hers, just the self-striping the yarn will do).

I just had to share my excitement! I wish I could post pictures, but I can't until we get home. Soon!

11 comments:

  1. oh fun!!!! yarn stores are super fun! but whoa, 75.00 for 1 skein. yikes! think of how much yarn that would buy of another kind!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know! I was holding it thinking, "Why is this skein so special? Three times more special than the $25 skeins? (which alone made me blanch) Does it make you fly?" I walked out having spent less than that for a whole lot more yarn.

      Delete
  2. One of life's best innocent pleasures...ohhh yeahhhh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a sickness. But a fairly innocent one.

      "Hello, my name is X and I'm a yarnaholic. It started so innocently..."

      Delete
  3. Yesss!! The tactile pleasure of a yarn store--most excellent. That is one thing I don't like about ordering from Knit Picks--no chance to feel it beforehand. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, this reminded me of a hilarious clip from a game show: "Name something you feel before you buy it." "Excited!" LOL

      Delete
  4. I chuckled out loud when I read this, love feeling the pure excitement and joy coming through your words. Sometimes the simplest pleasures provide the best delight!! (And since I can barely knit a pot holder I am in awe of all you do.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stick to crochet for the potholders. ;) I just started knitting a couple of years ago and learned from a combination of books and youtube videos. (The books were mostly 50 years old.) Just keep at it. I promise, the rewards are great!

      Delete
  5. in heaven, we will have yarn stores where it is all free.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monica, will I also be a better knitter in heaven? Say yes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to imagine heaven without yarn...

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!