Thursday, August 28, 2014

Beef Stew and Crusty Bread

 I tried a new bread recipe this afternoon. Nothing fancy, just one that included milk and egg. It might have turned out slightly better had someone (not naming names here because I don't know who) turned the timer on the oven off without telling me. Not really sure how long it cooked. It's good and crusty though!


I had a small piece just to make sure it was good. You know, quality control. Ah, the things I do for this family...


Here are some of the carrots the children pulled from the "garden" in the backyard. They wanted to plant carrots. I said ok. I bought carrot seeds. I handed them over. That was the end of my involvement. These are LITTLE carrots. One of the children called the skinnier ones matchstick carrots. It's true; that's how big some of them are.


We still put them in the beef stew, simmering away in the crock pot for dinner tonight. :) I felt very savvy when I noticed that the price on the label was a dollar more per pound than the price on the refrigerated case. I brought it to their attention and they changed it. Yay me!


I'm about 25% done with binding off the shawl. I'll spend this evening weaving in all the ends and then I'll block it tomorrow. I've decided to steam block it. :) Pictures when I'm done!

1 comment:

  1. love those carrots! and yay for noticing the over priced meat! my Mr. Husband always checks for these things... that bread looks lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!