Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Quiet

I know it's been a bit quiet lately. Life gets busy - doctor's appointments for multiple people, dentist appointments, church services, homeschool, cleaning, life... Then sometimes I'll sit down to write a post and wind up staring at the screen and going off to see what everyone else is doing instead. Or I'll play solitaire. Sometimes I just don't have anything to say. I'll think, "people are sick about hearing about grief (or whatever)," or "I could write about such-and-such, but do I really want to say it publicly?" or "heck, I could write about this, but it's really just a long complaint and that's kind of a downer." So I check Pinterest, check my email, and turn it all off and go sweep the kitchen.

Anyway, I'll have a post tomorrow for the feast of Transfiguration and a Yarn-Along post. I didn't do one last week because Ginny, the woman who hosts Yarn-Along, suffered the loss of a good friend. She was the mother of four young children and was 21 weeks pregnant with a fifth when she died tragically. Lord have mercy.



4 comments:

  1. It is a good cloud. Well-spotted.

    Relative peace and quiet - never boring. Just a gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) I have come to appreciate "boring".

      Delete
  2. well, I am never tired of hearing your thoughts or about your life. praying for you daily. Grief takes it's time. Much love...and (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!