Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Yarn Along: Naming the Child

 Well, I did work on a smaller sweater for this week, but to be honest, it's not much smaller than the last one. It does, however, have a hood, which makes it pretty darn cute, if I must give my opinion. (c; It's currently being worn by a member of Flopsy's doll house.

Ravelry link




I reconnected with an old friend this past week, only to find that she was in the middle of a miscarriage of twins at just before 6 weeks. She found Lost Innocents helpful and I decided I wanted to make her something to remember her children considering she never saw them. 

Ravelry link
(The variegated blue of the boy's blanket is much prettier than it shows up in the pictures.)







I crocheted the bonnet. I would have used ribbon for the ties but I didn't have any tiny enough. Even the narrowest baby ribbon was too wide for this tiny bonnet.



With the blankets and hats I sent along my copy of Naming the Child by Mat. Jenny Shroedel. I read through it again before wrapping it up, but my own recent loss is still rather raw and I couldn't read much. [Note: I found it helpful after my other losses, but I'm at the stage of grieving right now where it's more helpful to avoid thinking about loss too much rather than processing through it.]



8 comments:

  1. still praying for you and family daily. (hugs). glad you were able to do this for another grieving friend. Lord have mercy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm doing reasonably well. And it always helps me to help someone else.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry about your friends. I love what you made - it's going to be such a special gift. I will keep them all in my prayers....

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such lovely gifts. I know, having been someone who have received such kindnesses from you, that she will treasure these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its all beautiful! But your creativity and generosity to your daughter and friends (old and new) is even more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!