Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Yarn Along: Three Sweaters

 This week I finished three sweaters. Most importantly, I finished the hooded sweater for Miss Moppet for this winter:

Ravelry link










Then I started (and quickly finished) a small raglan sweater just for the fun of making a little one:

Ravelry link






Fun! But then I thought, why stop there? Can I make a smaller one??

Ravelry link








Stay tuned. I'm going to see just how small I can go. And if you're interested in seeing some mind-boggling tiny works of knitted art, have a look at these. (<-Mine won't be that good or that tiny.)


Reading! You know, I've been working my way through more vintage sci-fi (and enjoying it thoroughly), but for a change I want to share something that I have, as of yet, only read online. It's the Akathist to the Mother of God, Nurturer of Children, published by St. Paisius Serbian Orthodox Convent in Arizona. I encourage you to have a look. (The icon pictured above is from that page.) 


6 comments:

  1. I'm reading Elder Ambrose (in the Optina series), Ascetics in the World (it's a Greek book about, well, holy people who lived in the world) and the first book in The McGunnegal Chronicles. I just finished 15 50-knot prayer ropes (I had to take a break in the middle because my fingers started hurting) and I've been working on my Three Hierarchs cross-stitch... although I've been doing that for the past two years. I'd say I'm more than halfway finished though now.

    I can't believe you can make such tiny knitted pieces, but I thought they might suit one of the dolls in the dollhouse your little one is always adding to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you think those are tiny, you really should look at the ones I linked to. It's incredible. "Nano-knitting" is how the woman referred to some of them.

      I'd love to see the cross stitch! Do you have pictures up anywhere?

      Delete
  2. I love your work!! Miss Moppet is so cute, that sweater is going to be great for the fall DV!! :))) That Akathist is lovely; years ago I think it was that (now seemless) Katherine commented that praying a little of it each day is something I could do for a godchild... so I've done this at times, its a really lovely set of prayers. :)

    I also thought that some of those little knit sweaters would look really cute in the doll house/on dolls :)

    Love to you as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to reply to Mat. Constantina that Flopsy has already tried the sweaters on the dollhouse family and they fit!

      Delete
  3. i bought a couple kits years ago for some miniature knits....a sweater and a sock; even though itty needles are my favorite, i haven't knit them.....hmmmmmwonder where they are!??? i think they use 00000 needles. But I LoVE your itties...and the hooded jacket is adorable. Wishing I had a little one to knit that for....(bet I could find a recipient, don't you think???)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness! I used my smallest needles which came in a multi-pack of bamboo dpns: size 0. I'm positive I wouldn't have problems using size 00, but then it gets iffier below that!

      I'm SURE you could find a recipient for a hooded jacket. (c;

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!