Monday, September 15, 2014

First Spinning

 A sweet friend from Ravelry sent me some roving in the mail a few days ago. I had been reading some information online and viewing videos over the past week. This evening I took a deep breath, dusted the spinning wheel, and got started.


This looks kind of icky all pulled apart, but it was in this lovely braid before I did so. I forgot to take a picture before I started.
 

 I am totally inconsistent with how much fiber I pull out every time. Practice is the only cure.


 Boy, if it all looked like this bit in my hand...


 The first yarn I actually got to feed onto the bobbin! 
It took me 20-30 minutes just to troubleshoot that problem.


 The spinning wheel:




 How the bobbin looked after a little more work. Totally inconsistent. Sigh.


 And, the view before I stopped for the night.


I'll keep working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!