Saturday, September 13, 2014

Hummingbirds

We put up a hummingbird feeder yesterday afternoon. This morning we watched as the local hummingbirds discovered it. Amazing.





I hope they eventually tolerate us being out on the porch while they're at the feeder. I had to take these pictures through the window which is less than ideal. At least two of the cats have noticed them, but other than appearing dumbstruck, have left them alone. I don't think the cats are a match for the hummingbirds' speed. :)

4 comments:

  1. ours come even if we are on the porch. they make this buzzing sound,like a bee. so cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have been SO much fun to watch. I think I'm going to get another feeder for the porch and hang it on the other side.

      Delete
  2. wow! how neat!!! I've never seen so many in real life at one time as you have in these pictures!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, the friend who gave us the feeder to get us started came by today and said that there are around 20 coming to the feeders on their porch now. Wow!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!