Monday, October 6, 2014

40!

I wonder how many people are excited to turn 40? It's very freeing. (c:

The children made blueberry muffins (Father made coffee) and served me in bed. They also took the baby so I didn't have to get up with her at dawn as usual.

Duchess spent simply hours making a phenomenal caramel cake from scratch. I've had bits of the frosting and it's wonderful. I can't wait to have it tonight!

I went to the thrift stores by myself this afternoon and picked up some clothing items for the girls and several things for Miss Moppet. I discovered to my shock that she has very little in the way of winter clothing in her size. Oops. I also got several books, some for me, some for the children. Ahhhh... books!

I've had several birthday phone calls, texts, emails and messages. How nice it is to be loved!


21 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Sounds like a truly lovely day. Many years!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!!!! God grant you many more years!!! what a wonderful birthday! <3 I am so glad for this and can't wait to hear about the books you got :))) lots of love to you!!!! (would love to see pictures of that cake too!!!) :)))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'll feature the books on Wednesday. The cake I will be sure to take pictures of! :)

      Delete
  3. I felt the same way about turning 30, relief and joy! :) I anticipate feeling the same way about 40. God is good!

    Happiest of days to you, Matuska Anna, and may God grant you many years!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many years Matushka, such luxuries for a mother! I'm glad you enjoyed your respite :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, we have the same anniversary and the same birthday month. You just beat me to 40 by a year. No wonder I like you! :) a trip alone to the thrift shop is a glorious present. Many years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday and many many joyful years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy birthday! may God grant you many more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many years full of blessings, Matushka Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy (belated...) birthday!!
    Many years, Matushka!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!