Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Yarn Along: Hitchhiker's Guide and Tiny Layette

I started on this tiny layette yesterday and was able to finish the bonnet and dress before bed. I'm working on the seed stitch blanket and wondering why I chose seed stitch. My hands are killing me! The needles are size 000 (1.5mm diameter), the smallest I have, and I'm wishing I had smaller ones. They do come in size 0000 (1.25mm) commercially, but there is a site (Bugknits) that offers infinitesimal needles (down to a microscopic .25mm!). Of course, by the time I'm skilled enough to work with needles that tiny probably even my bifocals won't help, haha.

(The collar/yoke is actually crocheted and I picked up stitches for the bodice.)



I've been rereading all the Hitchhiker's Guide books lately just for mindless fun. The other night I couldn't find "Life, the Universe and Everything" (third book) and was hunting the shelves frantically, thinking (appropriately), "Don't panic." Father pulled it up on his Kindle and so saved the day. Where did that book go??


What are you reading and creating?

4 comments:

  1. The tiny layette is darling! I can't imagine making it. Just beautiful. Dishcloths are the extent of my knitting, but I've loved discovering Yarn Along and linking up and popping in and peeking at other people's projects!

    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Nothing wrong with dishcloths - thankfully my daughter likes knitting with cotton and keeps us in dishcloths and washcloths! So much better than anything you can buy. :)

      Delete
  2. Most likely, the third book was taken by Krikkit Warriors. With the Ashes series starting up, I suspect that they are rather active at present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm. I don't remember hearing anything like "WHOP" lately...

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!