Monday, August 24, 2015

Love-Affair with Wool

 Every time I start knitting with superwash wool (machine-washable), I wonder why I knit with anything else. It's soft, springy, has that indefinable "wool" feel, and comes in a zillion colors.

Last night I started on this baby sweater:


Pictured below: Filatura Lanarota "Washable Merino"* wool in natural, Elegant Yarns "Heavenly" washable merino in Bamboo Green, and Knit Picks "Swish" in Lost Lake Heather. [Swish is my new "go-to" washable wool yarn, available from Knit Picks.]


*Sadly discontinued. You can't even find it on Ebay now. I've jealously guarded my last two skeins!

4 comments:

  1. Swish is my absolute favorite yarn right now too! I love the variety, the hand of it, the ease of knitting, and the washability! I also find it to be very wearable in terms of the itch factor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved the F.L., but it's discontinued (as I noted above) which was heart-breaking. It was the first washable wool I ever worked with and completely changed how I thought about wool. I was disappointed in the Patons Classic Wool Superwash because it felt slightly scratchy. The Swish is much more like the F.L.

      Delete
  2. lovely! I can't seem to wear wool much at all... itchy... but as Juliana said, it sounds like this type is much better for that! you make beautiful knits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, this wool is NOT scratchy at all. It's an absolute delight!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!