Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Yarn Along: Doll Layette and other things...

I finally finished this doll layette! It's a combination of knit and crochet - pretty much whatever I felt like doing. Everything is from my own pattern so they're all one-of-a-kind. It fits 15 inch dolls (but probably larger ones too). You can find it in my Etsy shop here.










I've been rereading a lot of things. I also just returned some books to the library yesterday and didn't think to take photos for this post. One of them was The Sky is Falling by Arthur Weingarten. It's the story of the 1945 plane crash into the Empire State Building. Some absolutely remarkable tales. I'm currently rereading (for the nth time) C. S. Lewis's "space" trilogy: Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra, and That Hideous Strength. If you haven't read them because you don't like science fiction, give them a try anyway. This is not your traditional science fiction at all.

In other news, I am hoping that next week we can take all the children with us to an ultrasound of the baby! In honor of that, and for fun, I'm going to have a "guess the sex" contest (to be posted in the next day or two) and offer a hand-knit baby hat as a prize. Stay tuned!

What are you reading and creating?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!