Friday, February 12, 2016

Mittens, Socks, and Little Hats (among other things)

I finally decided on a screen name for the baby: Mittens (sister to Miss Moppet). (c:  

 Mittens is three weeks old today! She's having longer waking periods and the children continue to enjoy her immensely. She's still a little peanut and she's going to look quite small at her baptism! Speaking of which, it will be on February 20th at 4 PM, for those who can come. I have a lot to do to get ready in the next week.





We celebrated Flopsy's birthday on the 6th. She wanted cheesecake so all I had to do was put candles in them. We decorated in a slightly more elegant manner this time. She loves all things French and got several books to help inspire her dollhouse decorating. I'll have to do a separate post on her miniatures and dollhouses. They're quite extraordinary.



I've kept to the house for the most part so it was a pleasure to have a few friends drop by last Sunday after church!



Ribby is a much more adventurous knitter than am I and has made her first pair of full-size socks for herself. I think they turned out quite well! She had asked for sock yarn for Christmas and got a LOT.



(And another gratuitous photo of Mittens:)


 I have spent a lot of time resting and recovering from surgery this time around. One of the things I have done to keep occupied is making tiny hats to send to my friend Michelle at Common Care. I have a batch of thirty ready to mail today. There are many requests for very small hats so I concentrated on making those.




I'm trying to get back in the swing of blogging now that I can sit comfortably at the desk!

5 comments:

  1. So beautiful!! Thank you for all of the hats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have such a beautiful life! Mittens! wonderful name. she is so lovely and dear. we still pray for you all! may she have a blessed baptism!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mittens is an appropriate name given how big a role knitting plays in your blog. Ribby's socks are awesome! Well done,girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mittens is perfect! Sigh.
    Fabulous socks and Happy Birthday, Flopsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol...I was going to suggest Mittens when you announced her name and arrival, but didn't 'cuz I wasn't sure that was the place to. Funny you picked it anyway (btw, I suggested Moppet last time!)

    Sherri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!